Wednesday, July 7, 2010

two : gotta feeling that i don't belong, gotta feeling that i shouldn't be here

Song: Shangri-la, Miss Li


My head was throbbing as I opened my eyes. I slowly sat up and looked around, there was some strange man on the floor of an unfamiliar room. He didn’t look a lot older than me, and he looked terrible.

“Jade…Jade…JADE!?”

I heard something fall in the hotel bathroom and swear, “Lena?” she mumbled.

“Oh thank God!” I exclaimed, “Where the hell are we?”

“Who the hell are you!?” I heard her exclaim from inside the bathroom.

“Who are you?” exclaimed another voice.

The loud voices woke up the one on the floor. He jumped up and my reflexes cause me to punch him in the face. His head jerked back and he just put his hand over his jaw. He said something angrily to his friend who stumbled out after Jade.

“Nice right hook” Jade said putting her hand up for a high five.

“Shit!” I replied, “You okay?”

He just nodded and looked over at his friend and then back to me, “Who are you?”

“I should be asking you that” I replied.

“Man I’m fucked up, what did we do last night?” Jade asked.

“Damned if I know” I replied falling back on the bed.

“Well…I don’t know about you but--” she put her hand over her mouth and tried to run to the bathroom but didn’t quite make it, avoiding one of the guys in the process.

“Jade, you okay?!”

“Yes…what happened last night?” she said sitting against the wall on the floor.

“You going to clean that up?” one of them asked.

“Do I look like a maid?” she replied.

“Shut up Jade” I sighed, “Names?”

“Jacob Markstrom” one replied.

“And you are quite happy to see me” Jade replied eyeing Jacob’s pants.

“We wake up with them!” he exclaimed, “Did you not learn in school?”

I just sighed, “Okay what about you?” I replied looking at the other one.

“Anton Rodin”

“Okay, sleeping beauty, you mind telling me where we are?” Jade asked.

He just shrugged and I just fell back on the bed, “What do we do now?”

“Well, where are you kids from?” Jade asked, “Germany?”

“Sweden” Jacob replied.

I jumped up and looked out the window, “We better not be in fucking Sweden!”

“I doubt that” Jade replied.

“This is all your fault Jade!”

“My fault, how the hell is this my fault?”

“You always get us into these shit messes” I exclaimed, “When is it never your fault?”

“Hey you, Jacob whatever, did we have sex last night?”

“Ugh, I hope not” he replied.

“There you go, not my fault”

I just sighed, “He doesn’t even know, how do we figure this out?”

My mind was beyond fried. I don’t even remember one thing from last night, did we seriously get that drunk and rent a room with two Swedish strangers? We must have literally been out of our minds.

“Well…” Jade said scrolling through her iPhone, “According to this, we’re in California”

“CALIFORNIA!?” I exclaimed almost tripping over a bottle.

The two of them started babbling in Swedish and I literally wanted to punch them both.

“You know we can’t understand you” I snapped.

“Sorry…we don’t speak English very often”

“I noticed” Jade replied rolling her eyes.

“Can we just figure this out please?”

“I want to die” Jade said as she banged her head on the wall.

“Same here” replied Jacob.

“Guys, please don’t go suicidal on me, I do want to get back home”

“Ugh…my head” Jade said.

“I know the feeling, I think we all do. Plus the banging your head on the wall thing probably isn’t helping either”

“Okay, well, what do you last remember?” Jade asked turning her attention to the guys.

“Well, we were headed to a club, in Saskatoon, before we get serious for our tournament”

“Oh they’re playing a tournament in Saskatoon too, like Taylor” I smiled.

“Don’t mention that dirt bag’s name” Jade replied.

“Don’t start Jade” I sighed.

“What do you guys play?” Jade asked.

“Hockey, we’re in the World Juniors”

Both our mouths hung open for a minute as we looked at each other and then back at them, “you guys play for Team Sweden?”

“I’m the goalie” Jacob replied.

“Jade, well maybe we can all go back to Saskatoon together, since we’re going in the same direction” I shrugged, “It makes sense”

“A road trip…with them?”

“Well we did take them here, from what I see…” I said looking out the window, “It’s your car”

She just sighed, “Fine, but this is going to be a long fucking trip isn’t it?”

A road trip with two Swedish strangers, who play for Team Sweden, in Saskatoon in the World Juniors. We knew nothing about them, or even what happened last night, for all we know…well, I don’t even want to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment